After settling in well in our new Cambridge home, I thought it was time to turn my attention back onto my website. Lo and behold – there are technical issues with it! The pages are EXTREMELY slow to load and the guys at Justhost.com don’t really seem to know what’s going on, apart from that *I* need to fix it. *sigh*
Regardless, I’ve managed to update the resources page to include a few tips, tricks and DIY overviews I have blogged about over the last number of months, so they’ll all sit together happily in one place. I will add the building instructions of my second darkbox, as well as some wetplating troubleshooting information. Since the weather isn’t exactly suitable for me to go out at the moment and we don’t have the space to set up inside, I’m using this time to prepare for the next season. A car has been found and purchased, so I will be able to get out and about.
In the meanwhile I’ll have to stick to using my Rolleiflex TLR – Woe is me – and get to shooting again. The cemetery is lovely in the morning with the striking beams of the low sun, but I’m just holding out for that little bit of frost to start creeping over the grounds.
Regardless of the subject matter, I wonder if they’ll turn out as depressing as some of the images I shot last year. We had just come back from our failed adventure in Australia, to land in the snow covered Netherlands. My folks were kind enough to take us in for a few months, which can’t have been easy for them. I know it wasn’t easy for us. Not only to having admit defeat, but losing your independence (even if only temporarily) without being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We didn’t know what would happen next – where we would live or work – and it was so grey, and so cold……..it was as if nature itself was mourning for us.
Coincidentally, Sean found work in Germany just as Spring set in, and we were on our way again.
Invalid Displayed Gallery